Feeling stuck? Not looking forward to 2010?
From guru to psychologist, all the people who know about this sort of thing say the same thing. Start close in. Begin with everything and everybody right here in life with you now.
“Arrgh,” you say, “That is exactly what I am trying to get away from!”
Uh-uh. You are trying to get away from the feelings of frustration, irritation and stuck-ness. You simply need some places to push off against.
Ask some questions
This is what I want you to do ~ ask some questions.
- Who is around me? What is around me?
- What does my relationship with [these things/people] want more of?
- What’s working, and what should I be celebrate?
- What would help create a sense of fun and ease in this relationship?
and . . .
The checklist where I found these questions is at WidgetWonder. I just worked through the whole list checklist for reviewing 2009 and thinking about 2010. It asks much deeper questions than most goal setting and life purpose blogs.
How we hold the conversation
It is how we hold the conversation.
Consider the space
- The list helped me put my finger about what I will be doing to contribute to my relationships with others and allow them to be more enjoyable
Store away what is no longer needed
- The list helped me put my finger on what I feel is ‘done and dusted’ and what I still need to resolve, one way or another. It was amazing how quickly I could resolve things once I had put things like that.
Include more people!
- The list reminded me that all my plans for 2010 depend upon other people. What support do I need? How is this a community project? The list helped me identify where I was trying to take 100% responsibility when the project is not my responsibility alone. The responsibility is mutual. Taking a step back and asking what support do we need to make this happen together has been an invaluable for me.
Clearing our minds for 2010
I strongly recommend you print out the list at Widgetwonder and work through it.
It will help you clear your mind, relax, and enjoy 2010 no matter what it brings.Leave a Comment