Links break when you move your site from WAMP to your hosting service?
The solution is to set up a parallel Virtual Host on WAMP so that http://mysite.localhost redirects to the default http://localhost/mysite (where mysite is the name of your site).
3 steps to set up a Virtual Host and solve those broken links when you move from WAMP to your hosting service
#1 Get oriented
- You will only able to see your WAMP based site in your browser after you have turn on your WAMPSERVER by going to Start/All Programs.
- Look where your files are stored by going into Windows Explorer or My Computer.
- Look at your C://wamp/ folder
- You will see c://wamp/www where you store all your websites (right?)
- And c://wamp/bin/apache/conf/ folder where you see a file called httpd.conf