Quotations from Gary Hamel’s The Future of Management.
“My guess is that the most bruising skirmishes in the new millennium won’t be fought
along the battle lines that separate one competitor, ecosystem or economic bloc from
another. Rather, they will be fought along the lines that separate those who seek to
defend the prerogatives, power and prestige of their bureaucratic caste from those who
hope to build less structured, less tightly managed organizations that elicit and merit
the very best that human beings have to give.”
“Not surprisingly, most managers believe you can’t manage without managers. This is
the mother of all management orthodoxies”
- Gen Y managers and leaders or leading and managing in the age of Gen Y?
- My predictions for the future of business psychology
- Work in the next 10 years and emergence
- What about your work is important, valuable and innovative?
- Permission management is here to stay, at least for a while
- Poetry in HR?
- Work & organizational psychology, GenY and Geni
- Work psychology: 2008 AD
- Group consciousness: the goal of leaders and organizational theorists
- Eric Schmidt talking to Gary Hamel