In Fond and Grateful Memory
I learned today with considerable sadness that Galba Bright died suddenly in his office in Montego Bay in Jamaica two weeks’ ago. Galba is known to all of us through Tune Up Your EQ. Born in Sierra Leone and educated in the UK, Galba moved to the UK with Sandra who is of Jamaican descent.
The Tune Up You EQ website is only a year old and was already recognized as the reference site for handy, practical advice on emotional intelligence. Galba was inviting, supportive, welcoming, inclusive, considerate and reliably cheerful. We are going to miss his kind words drawing us into the discussion of emotionally intelligent lives and leadership.
I was so so sorry to hear the news. My heart goes out to his wife, Sandra, and all his family and friends who will miss him dearly.
Nothing is so strong as gentleness
nothing is so gentle as real strength.
-Ralph W. Sockman
- Walking with the elephants: remembering Galba Bright
- The deep challenge for an ethical positive psychologist
- We are ready for more . . .
- A day of awe
- 5 important features of happiness
- A video of Ben Zander speaking on contribution
- “It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day”
- Happiness is managed like clean hands – regular washing?
- ReadWriteWeb has come alive . . .
- Agenda for the 21st century: management & leadership