The bar has raised
Here is how times have changed. In the early hours of Wednesday morning (British time), Barack Obama got the ‘verbal offer’ for the job as CEO of USA plc.
Friday lunchtime, and I picked up the link to Obama’s presidential-elect website, complete with easy to understand jobs page.
How many of us could support a CEO in this way? Have a CEO website page up and running withing 48 hours giving the vision, the opportunties, the press links, the opportunities and the discussion page for people to reply?
How many employees would dare to reply (a sign of their confidence in us)?
Anyone want to get together to have this skillbase ready for our CEO’s?
I would like to say that by Jan 1, any company who wants a similar service
- to articulate the vision
- to embed it on a readwrite website
- to be able to launch within 48 hours of an appointment
- to manage the website
- to be trusted by their employees who are happy to add their visions
could get it from say, three, suppliers.
Who would those suppliers be?
UPDATE: For an HR Managers perspective on the Recession, I have written a summary on a new post.
PS Update October 31 2009 (11 months later). I’ve had no takers. I still believe that being able to launch a website in 48 hours to show employees what they can trust is a measure of an HR department.
- HRM – ready for the recovery? On your marks! Go!
- 5 lame excuses in HR for bad job descriptions
- Which firms in UK consult their employees?
- $$$ with collaboration
- 5 tips from the recession guru!
- Light at the end of the tunnel!
- This is not a recession. Stop dithering and step up to the plate . . .
- How important is this employee to your business and how good is your follow-through?
- Ask your Chief Social Officer 5 questions
- HR leaders: stepping up in the recession