Learn to be quiet
You need not do anything.
Remain sitting at your table and listen.
You need not even listen, just wait.
You need not even wait,
just learn to be quiet, still and solitary.
And the world will freely offer itself to you unmasked.
It has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.
We must be willing to get rid of the life we planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
The world is a match for us. We are a match for the world.
It is all about finding the still point in your mind where commitment drops away.
P.S. Thanks to readers picking up the following post and it appearing in my side bar, I went back to what I had written 9 months ago. This post on action and stillness has many useful links to the psychological and scientific literature.
- 5 point comparison of Hero’s Journey, Appreciative Inquiry, and Positive Psychology
- Find your angel
- Distance lends enchantment to the view
- 5 pretty petals of future work
- “Go get your things. Dreams mean work”
- The ups and downs of the Hero’s story
- Oh! The roots of postive organizational scholarship in Henry Thoreau and American transcendentalism
- When fear and desire are in residence, we are self-exiled from our immortality
- Learning about leadership from bankers 🙂
- Is the essence of a happy life a point-of-view?