Find a quiet place where you have a moment to enter your imagination and notice your own reactions. Then read this slowly.
What happens when we connect, strength with strength, and hope with hope?
Close your eyes, or if that is not possible where you are, look upwards to the ceiling and concentrate. What happens when we connect strength with strength and hope with hope?
We know what happens. We’ve always known. But in a flash, our minds push aside what brought a fleeting smile. To bring it back, we must reread the question, and holding the happiness bursting from our chests, ask why: why can’t we keep it?
It is not a secret. We do know why. We fear our imagination cannot take wing in the maelstrom of the strengths and hopes. Impossible, we say, and we abandon our fleeting happiness with not even a good-bye.
Read the question again. What happens when we connect strength with strength and hope with hope?
Enough you say. No. Not enough. Read the question again, and this time connect strength with strength and hope with hope. Connect with strengths and hopes in the maelstrom.
Watch the confusion simplify. And connect again. And again.
And know that it is possible to do what we know happens when we connect strengths with strength and hope with hope.
In the maelstrom, there are many hopes and strengths yearning for you to invite them in.
- Tell me about the people in your life and I will show you a successful business and a blossoming career
- Phenomenal Woman
- Meeting of hopes & dreams: will that happen in this General Election?
- A day of awe
- What comes after business as usual?
- What happened to that “everything is waiting for me” feeling?
- Celebrating my supporters
- Gloom-and-doom is catchy! Ask 3 questions to find a positive spot in the recession
- HR leaders: stepping up in the recession