How do Julius and Carmen find these venues?
To be honest, in the ordinary course of events, I would never have noticed The Livery.
It is on a side street
It is ultra modern with clean strong lines
It is long, with the seating all the way through to the back.
And to be be very honest, had I noticed it, I wouldn’t have even gone in. It wouldn’t look like a place that you just drop in.
As a function venue, The Livery is magnificent.
It is near a major tube (St Paul’s, Central Line). It is on a side street so there are fewer fumes. The ultra clean look is great for a reception where we are moving around the room a lot and shuffling our bags between our feet. The long bar opened up into a wide area at the back that was reserved for us.
There is evidently a ‘mental model’ that the hospitality industry and event managers understand that allows them to spot these things.
And then, of course, they make the event happen. We need more than a good room. We need the right food. And, we need the right people.
The people are exceptional. In 18 months or so in the UK, Julius and Carmen have built up a network of business people, entrepreneurs and post-graduate students. Everyone you talk to at these events is interesting. And energetic.
A good event. A sound business. An exciting career. The magic is in getting the right people together.
That is where the real magic lies. Getting the right people together.
I don’t know how to do this. I could coach you but you would be working it out for yourself as you go.
If you need it done for you, you need to speak to Julius and Carmen. They know how to do it. They have done it. They do do it.
And if don’t have time to help you, they may know people who can.
Check our restaurants like The Livery which are on the side streets!
In the meantime, pop in to The Livery for a beer and light meal. And imagine it full with 100 of the most interesting people in London.
I’ll be going back, not to relive a great evening, but to see how it sparks my imagination about the magic of life and work around St Paul’s.
- Stylish events in London
- Events management from the point of view of a participant
- I invest in 10 ways at a meetup and expect to get nothing! What’s your equation?
- Social media has raised the ante in events & conference management
- Be a social media star: a menu board of 5 competences
- Help your fellow noobe – or shush up. Some of us see right through you!
- The not-so Artful Dodgers! Networking in post-Thatcher Britain
- 7 steps to network yourself into business opportunity
- Uni degree, then what?
- You want in on the dream team? Meet them 20x before they will hire you!