HRM in a fast moving world of the recovery
Earlier today, I posted my understanding of HRM and work psychology in today’s fast moving world.
In the previous post, I laid out the questions that employees or individual players ask, and the questions that project leaders or organizational representatives ask.
And what HRM has to do to pull together these questions in near-real-time so that the organization can move swiftly to negotiate and capture value before an opportunity evaporates.
HRM service for a fast moving world post-recession
One of the practical services that HRM is called upon to provide is a website and community forum that
- Articulates the vision of a collected group of professionals
- Provides a readwrite website that allows everyone to comment freely
- Manages the technicalities and social features of the website
- Is trusted by their past, present and future employees who are happy to add their visions
Moreover, it is probably necessary to launch a website like this simultaneously with major changes including
- New appointments
- New projects
- New developments in other companies!
HRM skills in a world speeded up by social media
Do we have the facilitation, copy writing and technical skills to work at speed in the public gaze?
We do need to work publicly and fast in today’s world of social media.
- HRM: Can we meet the pace set by the Obama team?
- Work in old organizations and socially-mediated organizations at the same time?
- Tribal IQ and Social Media
- HRM – drop the shopping list and give me the information I need!
- Thinking out my 2 steps for building early stage forums
- Ask your Chief Social Officer 5 questions
- Which skills will be valuable in 5 years time?
- A Plan Big Enough To Include Now: We Call It Mindfulness
- Which sector are you in to and how does that affect the social media that you do?
- This is how succession planning will change in the next 5 years