Where is your frontier?
Where are the places in your life where you are trying something new and where you know neither the rules and the outcome?
Why those places? And where are the places that you don’t want to try?
One frontier at a time
I think that like good Generals we can only have one frontier at once. By their nature, frontiers are scary and ask for all our attention. Maybe we can have one-and-a-half frontiers – one serious one and one hobby.
Which frontiers are become possible?
More interesting are the frontiers that terrify us. Aren’t those worth looking at again? Maybe we can edge towards what we couldn’t contemplate last year.
What terrifies you? Of this list, which might be quite long, which might you actually want to make your frontier for 2010? Your frontier where you know neither the rules nor the outcome? (Breath and breath out slowly!)
I think I will go to bed thinking about the frontiers that frighten me!
- Respectfully describe reality and it will respect you
- Overcome your fear in 3 steps
- Let’s bring the light back to our eyes
- When fear and desire are in residence, we are self-exiled from our immortality
- Personal leadership: Answer the moral challenge of our age
- Monday’s puzzle: When you introduce yourself to the other people in heaven, who will you be?
- Your frontiers
- To centre our sense of self in our relationships
- Test your positive thinking: make yourself the main character and feel pain