Is is easy to retreat from life
Barack Obama said of his natural father – he had difficult life because he did not reach out to people.
When times are difficult, we tend to retreat from the world. When we are unpopular in the playground, we pick up our toys and go home. Then we really have no one to play with us. Do you know that people who are lost in the bush or surrounded by fire actually hide from their rescuers? When times are bad, we may be tempted to hide.
We may be rejected but it will help us little to go this way
- Poetry of solidarity in hard times
- The ups and downs of the Hero’s story
- One day you finally knew what you had to do: a poem by Mary Oliver
- And you? I was born for?
- “we” and “they” in psychology
- Courage and mindfulness
- Being me, while not being boring to you
- Pleasure, engagement and meaning for a good life
- The crystal clarity found in the bitterly cold winter of our lives