I can’t start . . . that’s my problem, I don’t know where to start!
If you have been scouting the internet for advice on turning your dreams into reality, then you will have come across advice to begin. Just begin!
“Arrgh!, you scream. If I knew how to begin, I wouldn’t be asking!”
Well, here you go. This is what you can do to begin.
It’s within your power and it is a test of whether you mean to begin, ever. Or whether you will be a lurker in the shadows of your dreams to the end of your days on this earth.
Bring your dream alive through your blog
Whatever your field, whatever your concern, whatever your dream, I want you to blog evey day. A quick picture from your phone, if you have one, and a short text describing what you saw, what surprised you and what you would like to know more about.
Here is a good example of a format that would suit you: the Timbuktu Chronicles. These are stories of entrepreneurship and inventing in Africa. Captivating, isn’t?
Steps for blogging your dreams alive
#1 Sign up to Posterous and make 3 accounts
- Account one is your long term record of who you are: MyName.Posterous.com
- Account two is for your children and relatives: ApetName.Posterous.com
- Account three is for the development of your dream: MyDream.Posterous.com
#2 Update your MyName account weekly
Post one update of how your career has progressed this week. Salute your colleagues. Give your clients some airtime.
#3 Update your account for your children and relatives daily
Take a picture of something you are doing and put it on line. Describe what you are seeing, feeling, tasting, hearing and let them see it too. Let them share your life.
A quick picture and a caption of what is what you walk past, eat, smell and hear when you are not with them.
#4 Add a snippet to your dream collection every day
And never break the chain!
Everyday, add a picture of something you noticed that is relevant to your dream. Or summarize what you are reading. Or connect the dots between points in your field.
Maybe over the weekend, add a summary post : the best 7 videos on . . .
Start collecting the jig saw puzzle pieces of your dream, one piece a day.
After all, by the end of the week, you will have 7 pieces!
Have you begun?
It’s a relief, isn’t it, to begin, just to begin!
Do subscribe to my jojordan.posterous blog here and I will subscribe to yours!
The best of weekends to you. Set up your blog!
- Step 2: Consolidating my online strategy – redirecting my Posterous blog to my own domain name
- Does your dream bring you alive?
- Step 1: Consolidating my online strategy – self-hosting my blog
- Dissolve your recession blues with 3 questions (and a Posterous blog & camera)
- Dreaming 2.0
- Celebrating my supporters
- Mojo of Social Media White Noise
- Day-dreams win over one track goal-orientation
- Good looking pleasing personality test
- A plan big enough to include now!