Until one is committed there is always hesitancy,
the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness,
there is one elementary truth,
the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans:
the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.
All sorts of things occur to help that would never otherwise have occurred.
A whole stream of events issues from the decision,
Raising to one’s favor all manner of unforeseen accidents and meetings
And material assistance which no man could have dreamed
Would come his way.
- A goal: that’s the task you are already working on
- 3 quotations on mindfulness and action
- Law of attraction, positive thinking . . . how old is it?
- Law of attraction, positive thinking, and finding your dream job!
- Beautiful New Year Resolutions: Follow the beauty you discovered in 2009?
- Positive psychology on despair and world conflict
- In darkness and frustration, belonging matters
- 5 rules of motivation for the lazy psychologist
- What a lazy psychologist knows about Sundays and holidays