As Once the Winged Energy of Delight
As once the winged energy of delight
carried you over childhood’s dark abysses,
now beyond your own life build the great
arch of unimagined bridges.
Wonders happen if we can succeed
in passing through the harshest danger;
but only in a bright and purely granted
achievement can we realize the wonder.
To work with Things in the indescribable
relationship is not too hard for us;
the pattern grows more intricate and subtle,
and being swept along is not enough.
Take your practiced powers and stretch them out
until they span the chasm between two
contradictions…For the god
wants to know himself in you.
Rainer Maria Rilke
For the god wants to know himself in you
As we approach the end of the year, many of us will be trying desperately to clear our desks so that we can take a few days off to be with our families.
Many of our tasks will be tedious. And our “to do” lists will be long.
This is the time to take each task “as it is”, one at a time, to do it with pleasure, not thinking about the other tasks, disregarding our fatigue for a moment, and to see the link between our task and our deepest dreams, not in a tortured way, but with the delight of a child.
We need to do the task with a caress and a verve “For the god wants to know himself in you.”
- Live the questions now. Live your way into the answer.
- New Year’s Resolution: Look beyond the light
- A poet tells us how to be goal-oriented AND mindful at the same time
- A poem for INTJ ‘s everywhere
- It doesn’t matter that we do this or that. Just do it.
- In darkness and frustration, belonging matters
- Courage to live fully in 2010
- An optimistic poem for a New Year
- And you? I was born for?