Positivism or positive psychology?
The words sound so similar yet have almost the opposite meanings. This is the difference.
I’ll believe it when I see it or I will see it when I believe it.
I’ve been familiar with the Desiderata since I was a child (it was popularised by a pop singer in the sixties, wasn’t it?) and I have just re-read it.
Now I read the poetry of David Whyte, Otto Scharmer’s work on presencing, ideas of emergence behind The Legend of Bagger Vance, I see and hear a lot more in this well-quoted poem.
- The psychological significance of the poetry by William Carlos Williams
- Is poetry understanding the needs of the moment, as the moment exists in the river of time?
- Legitimate anger
- Poets advice for surviving the financial crisis
- What does hope have to do with a positive attitude towards error?
- Is this a new poem from David Whyte?
- Executive pornography
- Synergy – an undervalued idea
- David Whyte
- . . .unless it comes out of your soul like a rocket. . .