Earlier today, I asked a professional services provider why I was unable to book for Monday. She inquired of her superiors and that is how she found out that she had been made redundant.
Shortfly afterwards, I completed a planned trip to Woolworth’s, and stocked up on stationery in their closing down sale. It really felt rotten paying. I got brilliant service by-the-way. If you are looking for good talented people in the Milton Keynes area, pop into the Newton Pagnell branch.
@Pistachio, who is an astonishingly interesting tweeter given to pithy phrases, asked today: what is the one thing you would change if you could?
This is what I would change: the lack of a coordinated collective, community response to redundancies. People should not be left on their own.
But do we fall?
Yesterday, I started persuading my village to join Twitter. If we are all on Twitter, traders will be able to communicate with us more easily, and we will benefit. For example, yesterday the Coop had carrots at 50p. Had you known that before you left home, you would have arrived with ideas on how to make carrot-based dishes.
When I heard my provider had been made redundant, I undertook to find out rents and to investigate whether we cannot hire her independently.
And what help would I value from you?
I do appreciate people who pop by this blog and make a comment. I am very appreciative of people who’ve helped me settle well in the UK.
I want you to answer @Pistachio‘s question, but slightly differently. I want you to think what you want for 2009. Not what you commit to do as a type of New Year’s Resolution, but what you want. I want to know what would make your heart sing and your spirits soar?
What is your dream for 2009?
- A day of awe
- What other people have learned about the cuts business
- What is the smallest thing you can do to improve your life?
- Psychologist in the wilds of social media – pleeease edit my elevator speech!
- 17 facts about Twitter and Facebook graph in UK for your PEST analysis
- Doldrums to OK to fantastic classrooms
- What is your Vision of the Future?
- Is UK drifting towards a “nothing allowed” culture?
- Wooo! social media does work!
- What happens when we make savage cuts to an organization?