Thanksgiving in UK
We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving over here ~ at least not en masse. But Americans who live among us do. Some celebrated early and have regaled us with stories of botched gravies and seasonal accompaniments. Others have desperately needed lettuce. And others insist on making cranberry sauce from scratch.
Naive questions from foreigners
I asked my American colleagues what you are celebrating. They were dumbfounded. It’s an excuse to eat one said. Another sad you were celebrating the first harvests of the Pilgram Fathers ~ and then laughed embarassedly! Political holidays are always so awkward!
So Happy Thanksgiving to you. May you have a good time with your families and safe travels!
- Flu, Ghurkhas, 100 days and we the people
- Confidence in bad times
- Can you stand up in front of 1000 people and state your personal elevator speech in 20 seconds?
- Where are the system specialists in UK? The amber light for UK today
- Go students! But in solidarity
- Singing hearts 2009
- A Brit’s take on US dithering ~ no not Obama’s dithering ~ yours!
- Happiness Index: Practical useful stuff
- To have created a window of opportunity is the British genius as producing Obama was the American genius
- Meeting of hopes & dreams: will that happen in this General Election?