The deep parts of my life pour onward,
as if the river shores were opening out.
It seems that things are more like me now,
That I can see farther into paintings.
I feel closer to what language can’t reach.
With my senses, as with birds,
into the windy heaven, out of the oak,
in the ponds broken off from the sky
my falling sinks, as if standing on fishes.
Rainer Maria Rilke
Gratitude Diary and Appreciative Inquiry
I’m not entirely sure what the last line of the poem means. Other than that, this poem illustrates the process of writing a gratitude diary or being appreciative during organizational change.
We look for those parts of the day where were feel as if we are pouring onward like a great river or soaring in the sky like a wild bird. As we focus on those parts “things seem more like me now”.
- A poet tells us how to be goal-oriented AND mindful at the same time
- Courage to live fully in 2010
- Live the questions now. Live your way into the answer.
- A poem for INTJ ‘s everywhere
- For those dogged moments when we just have to get things done
- In darkness and frustration, belonging matters
- It doesn’t matter that we do this or that. Just do it.
- 5 pretty petals of future work
- Tip 3: find your future now not after the recession