“Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important.
They don’t mean to do harm– but the harm does not interest them.
Or they do not see it,
or they justify it
because they are absorbed
in the endless struggle to think well of themselves. “
The surprising answer
I can’t tell you when exactly. It was before 1965 though. It was said by T. S. Eliot.
I couldn’t find the source. If you know, please tell me.
“the harm does not interest them”.
We might have thought it was said of our time.
- Great quotations
- No 1 Ladies Detective Agency
- Live the questions now. Live your way into the answer.
- Legitimate anger
- The ups and downs of the Hero’s story
- The greatest privilege of a lifetime is to be ourselves
- Poetry of hope for hard times
- When you work you are a flute through whose heart the whispering of the hours turns to music.
- If. . . We wouldn’t be We