Take a journey in your life
journeys bring power and love back into you.
if you can’t go somewhere
move in the passageways of the self
they are like shafts of light,
and you change when you explore them
Be not the traveller who takes their world with them
I caught something interesting on BBC4 yesterday.
Two travellors were walking all day, around the Cape Town area as it happened. They were tired and very hungry. One said to the other: I must eat lest I faint.
The other said: I am hungry too. But I don’t find it uncomfortable. I find it interesting.
The first travellor thought: If he does not feel his own hunger, then how can he feel the hunger of another.
For some of us, entering into the moment is hard. We watch. We observe. Even when we are abroad, we are distant from our our own emotions and feelings. We travel, yet never experience anything new because we cannot leave our world’s behind.
Be the privileged who travels at home
It’s an interesting idea then to simply explore the passageways of the self.
Be like the first travellor who engages directly with the world and listens for its response?
Be the poet who describes his life and changes his poem as he reads it to his audience?
Riff rather pontificate?
Accept the demands of the moment and our response? Perceive the limitations of others as part of the situation. And act?
As Joseph Campbell said: The greatest privilege of a life time is to be ourselves.
- Courage to live fully in 2010
- Is it time to reap your harvest? If it is time, reap. Now.
- How our training as psychologists inhibits our ability to understand generative, positive and appreciative psychology
- Live the questions now. Live your way into the answer.
- Poetry to remind us that withdrawing doesn’t solve rejection
- A Plan Big Enough To Include Now: We Call It Mindfulness
- Synergy – an undervalued idea
- Is the universe capable of having your city at its center?
- A poet tells us how to be goal-oriented AND mindful at the same time
- Don’t spend a day without having noticed a miraculous moment when the universe converges and you were there