Industry: Plastic or Organic Electronics
2010 . . .USD2bn (GBP1.3)
2020 . . USD120bn (GNP80.2)
Growth = 60x or 6000% in ten years
#1 8 projects to build the supply chain and “overcome barriers to UK exploitation of plastics electronics technology”
GBP7.4m including CBP800K from Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC
#2 5 projects to develop commercial prototypes
GBP1.0m by Technology Strategy Board
Circuits are printed cheaply onto rigid or flexible surfaces and rival silicon-based electronics in lighting and solar panels.
As at July 2010
David Willetts, Universities and Science Minister
Iain Gray, CE of Technology Strategy Board
Announcement from January 2007
Plastic Logic (with Merck in Dresden and management in Mountain View
- What we know and don’t know about future labor markets
- Crowd-sourcing develops wisdom. It doesn’t find answers
- Cost-cutting is upside down and inside out
- A plan big enough to include now!
- Where are the system specialists in UK? The amber light for UK today
- Go students! But in solidarity
- More bad news coming. The internet will expose more institutional spin
- Happy Britain, but not at work?
- 5 signs our education system has got better
- Time for some evidence-based management in UK